Lin, who now works at the China Centre for Economic Research, a think tank based at the University of Beijing, will be the first economist from a developing country.
He has already worked as a consultant for the Bank and gained his PhD in economics from the University of Chicago.
The World Bank could announ
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting