BBC News reported the Economy Minister Roberto Lavagna as saying the government would rather miss debt repayments than cut deeper into spending on social welfare programmes, and financing for regional governments.
The absence of extra cash would leave Argentina hard pressed to divert some of its $9.5bn reserves to meet loan obligations due
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor
- Central banks will be using blockchain by 2019 – research
- Fed’s Williams floats co-ordinated shift from 2% targets
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio