BBC News reported the Economy Minister Roberto Lavagna as saying the government would rather miss debt repayments than cut deeper into spending on social welfare programmes, and financing for regional governments.
The absence of extra cash would leave Argentina hard pressed to divert some of its $9.5bn reserves to meet loan obligations due
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production