Ahmadinejad nominated Saeedlou, 41, as his oil minister, but he failed to win enough ballots during the confirmation vote in Iran's Majlis (Parliament).
Saeedlou is a member of the ultra-conservative Abadgaran faction and was deputy mayor of Tehran for finance and administration.
To become head of the central bank, Saeedlou mu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde