Addressing peers on the House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee, King said "there are no done deals on the Monetary Policy Committee, nor do we seek to manage expectations".
"We keep it simple. We wait until the meeting itself," he said.
It is widely expected that the nine-member MPC panel will raise the cost of borrowing an
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push