Although agreement on the Santiago Principles for sovereign wealth funds represents a remarkable achievement, the proof of their effectiveness will come in the implementation phase that has now started.
This was the view of participants at a conference hosted by Central Banking Publications in London on Friday.
Moreno Bertoldi of the European Commission, who has been closely involved with development of Brussels' approach to receiving sovereign investment from outside the European Union (EU),
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations