Oblath informed Prime Minister Peter Medgyessy of his intention to resign at their meeting last Wednesday, where Medgyessy consulted economists on Hungary's recent financial turmoil.
Oblath was scheduled to formally announce his resignation and explain his decision to resign at the scheduled Monetary Council meeting on Monday.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations