At the end of last week we received around half a dozen reports from the public of a fault relating to the serial numbers on the new £5 note. The serial numbers were reported to be rubbing off.
We are conducting tests on the notes returned to us and on samples of notes which have not yet been issued. From these tests we have identified that on some notes it is possible to remove part or all of one or both of the serial numbers if the note
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development