More LDP members oppose plans to have the Bank of Japan set price-increase goals. Japanese Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi is shying away from promoting inflation targets to fight falling prices amid rising calls from within the ruling party for Japan to spend its way out of the economic slump.
''I know some economists are calling for inflation targeting,'' Koizumi said at the Lower House Budget Committee. ``But I know very well that if I do go for it, there will be a storm of criticism from
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS
Back to Top