He affirmed that the job of the IMF is not only to handle crisis, but also to ensure economic stability.
In order to sustain this stability, Rato suggested that Brazil should maintain its fiscal discipline, the reduction of commercial barriers, the simplification of the processes necessary to open up and legalize companies, as well as the
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure