Disclosing this on Thursday, RBI Deputy Governor V. Leeladhar said as a pilot project, the central bank was implementing cheque truncation in the national capital region (NCR) to quicken realisation and reduce the clearing time from two weeks to two hours.
"Cheques continue to be the dominant retail payment in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations