"The crisis in the West was inevitable and I think it will continue," he told reporters on Tuesday. "However we are confident that Russian banks will be able to withstand this."
Melikyan acknowledged that foreign borrowing had become more difficult, but said growth rates had not slowed.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations