Stock markets had closed for the week when Chen and Vice President Annette Lu were shot and wounded while campaigning in southern Taiwan.
The Taiwan dollar dipped 0.2 percent on the shooting but ended trade only slightly weaker, due to what dealers said was intervention by
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde