The critical issue, they say, in the White House's search for Alan Greenspan's replacement is the role being played behind the scenes by the maestro himself.
"The critical question is how much the White House listens to Greenspan," said Mickey Levy, chief economist at Bank of America in a report by MarketWatch.
"Don Kohn is one of the names Greenspan wil
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says