"I think that we should allow a bigger band, greater fluctuation and more flexibility," Yu Yongding said in an interview with Britain's Financial Times newspaper.
He also said that exporters needed to learn to deal with currency volatility and long-term revaluation of the yuan against the dollar.
"You should make ente
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations