Source: The Australian
Reserve Bank governor Ian Macfarlane has admitted "differences of opinion" between federal Treasury and the bank's board over interest rate levels.
However, he strongly denied there was any "conflict" between the bank and the Government.
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says