The police issued a statement pointing out that the signature is that of European Central Bank president Jean-Claude Trichet. Mr Trichet's name has replaced that of his predecessor, Wim Duisenberg, on recently-issued euro notes.
But many Berliners had approached police believing the money to be counterfeit. Trichet's signature appears on newly-iss
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors