In a briefing to the Legislative Council Monday, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority said the Banking Ordinance should be amended to enable the HKMA to approve the appointments of senior managers by banks authorised here.
Currently, people wishing to become directors or chief executives of banks must get the HKMA's consent, but this i
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations