It says that the irony of this fact is that Mr Bernanke had the misfortune of having his views misinterpreted by the markets at the beginning of his term as chairman.
Our view is that the markets deluded themselves into believing that Mr. Bernanke, in his April 27 testimony before the Joint Economic Committee, had effectively guaranteed a pause in mo
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure