In an interview with the Nottingham Evening Post newspaper Gieve said, "The issue for me is have we done enough to bring inflation back on a sustained level of 2% in the long term."
"We have seen inflation well above target for most of the last year. It is now coming back quite
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- BIS paper defends credit gap measure