Wim Duisenberg, European Central Bank president, is to continue in his post indefinitely until a successor is found.
The open-ended deal between Mr Duisenberg and European Union finance ministers was agreed in
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Philippines central bank launches reorganisation
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms