Speaking at the quarterly forum of the Finance Correspondents Association of Nigeria (FICAN) in Abuja yesterday, the assistant director for corporate affairs at the central bank, Mr Tony Ede said the apex bank has commenced a series of meetings with banks chief executives aimed at forcing down lending rates.
He admitted that the wide gap between deposit interest rates and le
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says