In a speech to economists in Melbourne, Macfarlane indicated that a slowing world economy, in particular developments in the US, remain the main risk for Australia and suggested that the Reserve Bank could cut rates further if the global outlook deteriorates.
The Reserve Bank has cut the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession