The votes followed a warning from the White House on Wednesday morning that a failure to approve the measures would lead to job losses.
"One way to read the consequence is about 300,000 jobs," said Glenn Hubbard, who heads the White House Council of Economic Advisors.
The Democrat's bill, as introduced by Senate Majority Leader Tom
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations