Gideon Gono, the governor of the Reserve Bank, said that the institution would grant licences to 1,250 businesses to accept foreign currency for a period of 18 months.
The move is aimed at alleviating the country's food and fuel shortages, Gono said.
The governor emphasised that the Zimbabwean dollar was still the official currency and that the licences were not a
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde