Mhlanga's appointment took effect from 14 October, and he will be a member for three years.
Commenting on his appointment to the central bank, Mhlanga said "It was a total surprise, I was not anticipating that such would happen. I am pleased and promise to do my best."
"I have been appointed to be a board member in many organisatio
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde