Source: Business Day
Banking heavyweights have given the thumbs down to Finance Minister Trevor Manuel's proposal for a "super regulator" for the entire financial services sector, which would replace the Reserve Bank as the banking regulator.
Manuel first mooted the idea in Parliament
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations