Speaking to the Pacific Council in California, IMF Acting Managing Director Anne Krueger said nations can have capital account crises even if their macroeconomic policies are sound, particularly when their creditors believe stable policies will not be sustained.
When a financial meltdown is imagined by investors, the
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations