The central bank's monetary policy committee, meeting on Thursday, decided to keep its target for the key overnight call rate unchanged at 5.25% in December, citing uncertainty in the economy.
But Chon told a news conference after the meeting that the central bank would consider cutting the call rate when worries about inflation disa
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde