The minutes showed that Rachel Lomax and David Blanchflower, who both voted against the November increase as well, were joined by Bank of England chief economist Charlie Bean and by the central bank's executive director of markets, Paul Tucker.
Though the minutes showed that all nine members agreed that the balance of risks to
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting