"I have instructed the central bank to properly manage the baht's rise, following huge capital inflow to Thailand, especially through stock investments," Finance Minister Chalongphob Sussangkarn told journalists on 10 July, Forbes reports.
The sharp rise in the baht is unlikely to affect economic performance, he said, but added: "I don't want to see the cu
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations