"We do have a dual mandate" to keep price pressures in check and promote maximum sustainable growth, but "no central banker can tolerate inflation," Fisher said in response to audience questions following a speech before economists in New York.
Indeed, the central bank's "key objective" is to control inflation because allowing it to get out of con
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré