He told a business community in Akita City in northern Japan that "the economy is in transition from deflation to normal growth."
"We see various risks ahead, but I think there is a high chance of Japan being able to post sustained growth under price stability," he concluded.
Iwata listed various risks, including "an easy credit policy targeting near z
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations