The decision represented the first key issue to be resolved at an ongoing Central Financial Work Conference, which is due to set the reform agenda for China's financial system for the next five years.
Observers said the
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production