The bank's Council said in a statement it was relieving Dejan Simic of his duties "to remove any suspicion that this case could influence the functioning of the Central Bank of Serbia."
In the statement issued after the council session, the bank's top body also said its move did not prejudge the outcome of the investigation against Simic.
Simic is accused of accep
- Auditors find ‘flaws’ in ECB’s crisis management framework
- Economists need to better understand macrofinancial links – BIS paper
- Home truths on Europe’s NPLs
- Central banks lack ‘firepower’ to combat financial crises, says report
- Ukrainian bank owners carried out ‘co-ordinated fraud’, forensic audit says