Stern has criticised the Fed's bailout of Bear Stearns, saying that it exacerbated the too-big-to-fail problem, on which he has written widely. He has also panned the British authorities' handling of the collapse of Northern Rock.
Writing with Ron Feldman, the senior vice president for supervision, regulation and credit
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says