The central bank's two-pronged strategy cut the repo rate by 100 basis points to 5.5% with immediate effect and reduced the cash reserve ratio of scheduled banks by 50 basis points to 5% from 17 January.
The drop in the repo rate is the fourth cut in as many months and has brought the cost of
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations