The central bank's two-pronged strategy cut the repo rate by 100 basis points to 5.5% with immediate effect and reduced the cash reserve ratio of scheduled banks by 50 basis points to 5% from 17 January.
The drop in the repo rate is the fourth cut in as many months and has brought the cost of
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says