Kydland said central banks needed enough independence from politicians to carry out a credible monetary policy.
The more independent they were from political authorities, the better able they were to follow his key recommendations - greater rule-bound transparency
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says