Richard Bruton, opposition finance spokesman for Fine Gael party - and an Oxford-trained economist - was quoted as saying the new enforcement powers of the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority represent a big change.
But he said: "IFSRA cannot be expected to rid
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production