Richard Bruton, opposition finance spokesman for Fine Gael party - and an Oxford-trained economist - was quoted as saying the new enforcement powers of the Irish Financial Services Regulatory Authority represent a big change.
But he said: "IFSRA cannot be expected to rid
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- Uruguay’s digital currency pilot ‘close to launch’, says governor