Trichet's comments came at a press conference following a meeting with finance ministers from the 13 member euro zone countries.
"Excessive volatility and disorderly movements in exchange rates are undesirable for growth," he said.
"We believe the Japanese economy is on a sustainable recovery path and t
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré