Speaking to reporters on the margins of a European Commission conference on the euro, Wellink said the rise was not "pleasant" but added: "It doesn't fundamentally change my view."
He added: "I think it is most remarkable that it hasn't fed through to wages and that is a positive development."
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes