"The Monetary Policy Committee still expects inflation to be closer to our target figure of 2 pct once this short term volatility, brought about by a number of factors such as energy price increases, has disappeared," the newspaper quoted him as saying.
"We are absolutely determined to bring inflation back to 2 pct."
King made th
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- BoE research says digital currency would ‘strengthen’ policy transmission
- US House passes deregulation bill with bipartisan support
- Brazil’s central bank launches fintech laboratory
- Is this the beginning of a new era of credit risk management technology?