Almunia said the two countries met the criteria on the basis of their economic performance.
"According to the Commission's autumn forecasts published today, the two countries will meet the criteria for inflation, debt and deficits," Almunia said at a news conference.
He said they will initially have to make an off
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- BoE faces ‘uncomfortable’ approach to May meeting – Forbes
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development