SEPA is designed to make payments across the euro area as quick, as safe and as easy as national payments by providing a common set of rules for credit transfers, direct debits and cards across the currency area. The initiative is led by the European Payments Council, which is made up of the major banks in the euro area.
A European Commission study shows that the potential benefits from SE
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde