The Bank of Korea (BOK) said it registered a loss of 150 billion won ($146 million) last year, swinging from a profit of 2.18 trillion won a year earlier.
It attributed the loss to an increase in interest payments on so-called monetary stabilization bonds.
Outstanding monetary stabilization bonds reached 142.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations