Governor Lee Seong Tae said after the meeting that the rate increase was required because of the rapid rate of credit extension, particularly to small businesses, is fuelling the money supply and could pose inflation risks.
"High money supply growth is continuing until now, which was incorporated into today's decision along with a rallyi
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations