The staggered-rate policy was introduced in November last year to encourage banks to lend money while it kept benchmark rates unchanged to cool inflation.
Early suggestions are that this unorthodox policy appeared to work. Bank loans grew by 12% in April, the fastest pace in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession