In the first five months of the year, the 12 European Union countries using the euro as currency posted a current account surplus of 5.4 billion euros after a shortfall of 19.4 billion in the same period last year.
The current account is a broad measure of foreign trade, encompassin
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde