The move is intended to allow the government formed after the 2006 elections time to decide on when it will join ERM2.
Following a meeting with central bank governor Zdenek Tuma in Prague, Prime Minister Jiri Paroubek said he prefers dropping the koruna starting 1 January 2010, and will submit the plan to the government in November.
"It's impossible to submit an applica
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations