European Central Bank chief economist Otmar Issing expressed little concern about the euro's rise against the dollar, saying the European currency was still trading in line with its long-term average.
"The current level of the exchange rate corresponds to its long-term average,"
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production