The yen has hit a 13-year high after the Federal Reserve cut rates in the United States to near zero.
"Amid the rapid downturn of the global economy, a strong yen has a negative impact on the [domestic] economy," the governor told national television on Sunday.
"The impact is big. So we, the central bank, would like
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations