The yen has hit a 13-year high after the Federal Reserve cut rates in the United States to near zero.
"Amid the rapid downturn of the global economy, a strong yen has a negative impact on the [domestic] economy," the governor told national television on Sunday.
"The impact is big. So we, the central bank, would like
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors